Monday, August 6, 2012

Things to remember

On some days, it's really hard to come up with reasons to stay here. I'm tired, I lost one of my favorite bracelets. I can't seem to hold myself on two feet today. Luckily I've been keeping a journal and I can remember some of the good things about being here, even if I don't feel like they're good things right now.

Too much sugar at 11pm
Free slurpees almost every night
Writing songs about my friends based on "Hallelujah"
The quote board
The score board
Being called "feisty" and accused of "scheming" and responding with "that's just my face"
Smiles shared among friends
Grateful looks of appreciation
The odd well-crafted joke
The communal painting of nails
Short conversations with music faculty members
Chinface and Jasper the Hobo Ghost ("bluuuuuhhh")
Bad tea "blech"
Awkward flailing after an inappropriate joke
Getting kudos'ed
Too much coffee
Mary's Lifeclass
Faculty recitals
Seeing faculty dressed in absurd costumes
Bolero at lunch
Birthday skits
Secret supes
Playing a minstrel in one of our games and playing four instruments at once
Working with people who ask how you're doing every once in a while
Meaningful conversations

So, it's not all bad.

No comments: