I wish my writing wouldn't lay my thoughts quite so bare. In writing, down come the walls that stand firm around other faces. My pen (keyboard?) is brutally honest, while my tongue soaks my words with irony. Here's this: some words, their meaning only thinly veiled by slight ambiguity.
A north wind blows - strong, but not cold. In fact, it brings more heat. Sleep won't come easy tonight.
I haven't felt the wind in a while.
My neighbours drive the same car you do.
You made me laugh, more than I have in a long time. I loved your smile, loved sharing mine with you. Loved laughing with you, my newest friend.
I haven't laughed like that in a while.
I'm in a new place now - an old place that's new to me now. Something new to try.
Worry.
Hesitation.
Fear.
I haven't felt at home in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment