It's summer, these days. It's 35 degrees outside, and 28 inside. AC is a luxury that everyone has around here, but to ask for a house that's 10 degrees cooler than outside is a pretty tall order.
Buying new clothes is a simple thing, but wearing them gives my day just a little extra brightness that wasn't there with old, threadbare t-shirts. It's a girly pick-me-up.
I'm also trying to get into the tea hype. I bought a few different kinds that were labeled "Excellent Iced!" so I'll try those out. I'm also trying some instant iced coffee, which was a bit of a letdown.
I have a few friends (here, here, and here) who sometimes post about how things are going at Camp Evergreen. This is the first summer that I've missed in four years, and I'm surprised at how much I really miss it. I love the community of staff, and the kids' antics. Sometimes I forget that I also really dislike excessive hyperness and mild clique-y-ness, both of which are often present there.
Next week I'll be starting work at a new camp - a band camp. Its major difference from Evergreen is that it isn't a Bible camp. I remember my one summer there as a camper, when I was fairly scandalized by a lot of what went on (tie-dying underwear comes to mind). I'm stoked to work with a few friends from Lethbridge, not to mention one of my musical heroes, Gillian Mackay. I'm looking forward to this new experience.
I'm watching episodes online of a show called Parenthood, and it has pretty much turned me off of ever having kids. You can never know how they'll grow up, what their rebellion phase will be like, how they'll react to house rules, what kind of kids they'll be. You can't control them and that's terrifying.
These days, it's summer. I'm drinking iced tea and not thinking about what comes next.
No comments:
Post a Comment