Kelowna is in a really pretty area of BC. The province in general is fairly mountainous, and the city is in a valley surrounded by hills, and mountains if you go just a little farther. The views are amazing, wherever you are. I love that about this place!
It's been hot, and it's going to get even hotter. Thank goodness for air conditioning and ceiling fans. The beaches are always crazy at this time of year, so we probably won't do much of that. The Ogopogo certainly won't go hungry this year.
Of course I miss Lethbridge. I miss my church, where I know most of the faces, and can share inside church jokes. (Soo... here's a benediction.) I miss the university, full of friends and colleagues and mentors. I miss the river and the coulees.
It's hard to see this as permanent. I'm in transition, trying to see what living in Kelowna means for me. (So far, it means higher car insurance.) As always, I worry about fitting in, finding a place, enjoying my life. I wonder, will any of that happen?
For now, I'll ponder these things, and be amazed by the beauty of this place.
1 comment:
I'm going back and reading all of my friends blogs that I have missed.
I laughed out loud at "So... here's a benediction." HA!
Post a Comment