Oh don't worry, this isn't a sad thing. It's a moving on, moving up thing. I am looking forward to trying something new. (With that said, I'm on the job hunt again, so keep me in mind!) I feel oddly excited about moving on. It could be that the excitement is masking terror. I have worries, but I have God. Well, God has me.
I thought of feeling other things. I thought of feeling sad, and I felt sad saying goodbye to my coworkers who have become my friends, my desk that has been my eight-hours-a-day home, my job that has been a comfortable routine.
I thought of feeling sentimental, and I felt sentimental as I reminisced about my interview, my first day, the first time I was challenged, the first time I was reamed out by some disgruntled woman on the phone.
I thought of feeling nervous, and I felt nervous while mentally adding up the numbers and calculating how many weeks it would be before money would become uncomfortably tight.
But all I really felt was glad. I felt glad that I made friends with my coworkers, glad that I was blessed with a job for this time, glad that I have pleasant memories, glad that I have grown as a professional and as a person, glad that after many financially worry-free years I have learned and will continue to learn about money management, glad that my life was enriched by another experience.
What next? It's wide open. It's a big world.
(On an unrelated note, yesterday was Chris's 31st anniversary as a professional photographer. We got him this cake, and took our first staff group photo. Coincidentally, the last staff group photo.)

No comments:
Post a Comment