Sunday, January 27, 2013

My challenge, my rules

I must say that 25 Before 25 has created some extra stress in my life. Some of the items are meant to happen  fairly regularly, and trying to add these things to my routine has been tough so far. Yes, I've only just started, but this list is not meant to cause any more frustration than is healthy (for example, I'm feeling a healthy frustration over fitting exercise into my week).

So, I'm adding a disclaimer to my list: It's okay to fall behind and then catch up! You might think this is cheating, but this is my list, so I make the rules. My challenge, my rules!

And so, an update:

This week was the first of twelve vegetarian weeks this year. I realized that I actually am fairly close to being vegetarian already! Meat is expensive and takes time to prepare, and so I don't each much of it to begin with. I could try vegan weeks, I guess, but I think I'll just challenge myself with more interesting vegetarian recipes. I did learn that I actually really like chickpeas.

I have two Pins almost finished as well. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars taste just like the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies we make at home: DELICIOUS. My sister suggested using whole wheat flour and less sugar, and they still turned out great. Success again! My second Pin is this Spinach Dip which looks pretty amazing.

 

Two challenges are in progress: My church has started an Eat This Book series that involves reading the entire Bible, and the weekly readings even correspond with Sunday's message. I have enjoyed feeling a little bit like I'm in school again, having an assigned reading and then a lecture. No exams though! And speaking of being in school again, my Master of Music application is in progress, and due by the end of this week. I'm very excited by the possibility of starting classes again in September. 

This has been your 25 Before 25 Week 2 Update!

No comments: