Monday, January 21, 2013

One Great Day

Today was one of those days that I'm going to store away and think of during some future terrible day. May this list serve to jog my memory on that day:

I had a day off, and I love the freedom of days off.
I had pancakes for breakfast.
I finished the laundry before noon.
I brought the recycling away, and felt all environmentally friendly.
I didn't need too many groceries and spent less than $30 stocking up for the week.
I had a delicious FREE Starbucks coffee.
I overheard one Starbucks barista say to the other (sounds like the beginning of a hipster joke) that my Pike Place to-go mug was the coolest she'd ever seen.
I got a piece of tumbleweed stuck in my wheel well and had to laugh at the prairie-ness of it.
I went to the university and submitted the first part of my Master of Music application.
I had a meeting with my horn teacher/mentor/friend to talk thesis topics and play through some audition repertoire.
I had time to practice alone for a while and feel confident that my audition pieces will come together in time.
I made couscous (...from a box...) and a chickpea salad for supper and feel so healthy!
I chopped a lot of vegetables for lunches this week.
I played my ukulele.

No comments: