An Easter story by Sarah, grade 2 (original grammar and spelling retained):
Once there was a little bunny named Floppy. She was an Easter bunny. One day Floppy was walking around in the woods. She was looking for one of her eggs. She kept saying "I can't find my egg." The grass was green, it was spring, and it was a sunny day. Suddenly Floppy heard I voice say "I'll help you!" Floppy, who was very starteld turned around to see a little girl named Stephanie. She said "I'll help you find your egg!" "Thank-you" said Floppy. Together they looked for the egg. Stephanie said "what color is it?" Floppy said "It was blue and pink and white." Floppy knew she dropped it in the forest. Then Floppy begain to cry. All of a sudden the forest was flooded. Then the whole province was flooded. Floppy and Stephanie tried to sweep it up, but, that didn't work. They tried to mop it up, but that didn't work, so they tried the super duper whooper cleaner upper, but that didn't work either. They sat down to think. Stephanie said "How about we use the tougher lover water eater upper!" Floppy said "that would be a great idea!" So they tried that. "It worked! It worked!" said Floppy. "But we still have to find the egg." said Stephanie. "Okay," said Floppy. They looked, and looked, and looked. Floppy was supposed to have twenty-six eggs. Floppy counted them. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eiight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five eggs. "Alright, let's get looking," said Floppy. Suddenly, Floppy heard a voice say "Stephanie it's time for dinner!" "I guess I have to go." said Stephanie. "Bye-Bye!" said Floppy. "I guess I have to look for the egg by myself." said Floppy. Floppy saw a house near by. She went to the house and knocked on the door. Someone opened it. She was a which! Floppy was scared. She ran untill she was almost out of breath. Suddenly, Floppy heard something crack. It was her egg! It was just in time for easter. Floppy delivered the eggs to everyone on the world. Floppy fixed the egg that broke, into a beautiful egg.
The End.
2 comments:
I appreciate how Viejou incorporates the modernist effect of counting into the plot- it forces the reader to participate in the storyline, making the piece almost self-reflexive. Just as James Joyce finds beauty in the miniscule in Ulysses, Viejou takes the time to point out each individual egg, presenting the value of the micro. This introspective approach portrays the particularity of the modern, while embracing the unique prolongation of the postmodern.
I also hate when I encounter whiches.
Nerd.
Post a Comment