Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Further Up and Further In!

Then they all went forward together, always Westward, for that seemed to be the direction Aslan had meant when he cried out, "Further up and further in." ...

It was the Unicorn who summed up what everyone was feeling. He stamped his right forehoof on the ground and neighed, and then cried:

"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now. The reason why we loved the old Narnia is that it sometimes looked a little like this. Bree-hee-hee! Come further up, come further in!"

(From C. S. Lewis, The Last Battle)

Timidly and hesitantly I have begun this new experience of posting my thoughts and ideas in this very public forum. It's a way to sort out the jumble of things commanding my attention all at once. Here I will write and ramble my way further up and further in, toward a greater and deeper knowledge of myself and my world and God, answering and asking questions all along.

"Come further up, come further in!"

1 comment:

kerry said...

I have big CS Lewis reading plans for 2011. And Sarah blog reading plans!