Sunday, December 4, 2011

Answers

What's next for Sarah?

For almost a year, I have had no answer for this question. The question never changes. The answer never changes. I don't know. It's probably the most often used phrase in my vocabulary.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? Five years? What is your passion? What do you enjoy doing? I have no answers.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you how mind-numbingly frustrating it is to have no answers. I can't come up with answers. I haven't been given answers.

You might think, How exciting! The world is your oyster. The future is wide-open! It's an adventure waiting to unfold. No. No, it isn't. It's actually terrifying. Try staring at a university degree with no aspirations and see how excited you feel. Dread is what you feel.

I don't know.

2 comments:

kerry said...

Can you think of the lack of direction as freedom? You can try different things till something awesome sticks?

Anonymous said...

Then I have to think of different things to try. Sigh. Sometimes I get really frustrated by this, and then it goes away, and today, it has gone away.